International Entertainment and Sports Marketing (Coursera)
This course will provide learners with a fundamental understanding of the characteristics and marketing strategies related to two key global industries, sports and entertainment. The growth in both industries have been fueled by their ability to innovate via CCCI, i.e. cross-country and cross-industry expansion. There will be a graded quiz that will consists of 10 questions during the first two weeks (together worth 50% of the grade) and a final quiz that contains 20 questions (worth 50% of the grade) in the third week.
People who successfully complete this course will obtain the following outcomes:
(1) You will learn the key characteristics of sports marketing.
(2) You will learn the key characteristics of entertainment marketing.
(3) You will be able to apply cross country growth strategies to your business in the sports and entertainment industry.
(4) You will be able to apply cross industry growth strategies to your business in the sports and entertainment industry”.
(5) You will be able to reference CCCI, i.e. cross-country and cross-industry Innovation best practices via interviews with key experts in the sports and entertainment industry such as from adidas, Audi, and YG Entertainment (home to Psy and Gangnam Style).
International Entertainment and Sports Marketing is course 5 of 6 in the International Marketing & Cross Industry Growth Specialization.
This Specialization covers marketing concepts but, more importantly, emphasizes the need by companies and individuals to think openly across international markets and industries for new ideas or expansion. This is summarized as "Cross Country & Cross Industry" Innovation, or CCCI in short. The first two courses will establish the core foundations and then the last three courses will elaborate on major global industry clusters: course 3 on B2B, course 4 on Healthcare and Hospitality, and course 5 on Sports and Entertainment. The capstone will require learners to develop a new product using knowledge learned from at least 2 industries.
Already taken this course? Please rate.