Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see edX's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
If you’re starting or running a business, identifying and targeting your consumers is the single most important decision you can make. Business leaders often wrongly believe that every customer is a good customer. This is not always the case; knowing which customers to let go of is just as important as finding customers. In this marketing course, you will learn how to assess the value you provide to the consumer as well as the value the customer offers your business.
The course will also provide you with a toolkit you can apply to real world situations. Topics include:
- the marketing mix
- targeting and positioning
- marketing strategy
- consumer behavior
Marketing is often an afterthought for entrepreneurs as they focus on getting their venture off the ground. You will learn how marketing is a vital part of launching a successful business, and for keeping one running, and how marketing concepts can be applied to entrepreneurial situations. By the end of the course, you will be thinking about marketing strategically in order to grow your business, rather than as a tactical cost.
What you'll learn
- How segmentation, targeting and positioning methods can be used to acquire customers
- How to use the marketing mix; product, price, promotion and place
- Consumer behavior and how you can leverage market data to grow your business
- How to use marketing strategies to position your company for maximum value creation