Positioning: What you need for a successful Marketing Strategy (Coursera)
Positioning, the must have for a successful Marketing Strategy Positioning is the heart of any Marketing Strategy, the core that you must get right. It does not matter whether you start with a clearly defined target group or with a differential value proposition: You are going to end up with a clear Positioning upon which we build our Marketing Plan.
Positioning is the result of coming with a relevant and differential value proposition for the market segment we have opted for.
Hence, during the course we will:
• Analyze the Marketing Process and the role that Positioning plays in it.
• Cover the basic elements you need to work with for coming up with the Positioning (deciding on market segmentation and targeting, building on differentiation and coming up with a relevant value proposition).
• Explain in detail what is positioning and what is a positioning statement.
• Provide you with practical toolbox to come up with a positioning.
• Speak about positioning strategies to be followed and key market trends.
After the course, you will get a clear understanding about Positioning, how to works in real world and how to come up with it.
Positioning: What you need for a successful Marketing Strategy is course 2 of 5 in the Marketing Strategy Specialization.
Do you hear the word “marketing” on a daily basis, but aren’t sure what marketing really is or why your business needs it? Do you know that marketing is important to your company, product, or service, but aren’t sure where to start? Cover the concepts and tools you need to successfully develop a marketing strategy for a business, product or service. Begin by understanding consumers and the main market research techniques, then learn how to correctly segment, target and position your product to achieve success. Continue by analyzing the four critical areas in marketing, the famous four Ps of Product, Price, Promotion and Place. Finally, get the backing your ideas deserve and communicate the actions through a Marketing Plan. In the final capstone project you will develop a Marketing Plan for a product or service.
Already taken this course? Please rate.