What skills should international students develop for career success in Germany? This employability MOOC sets out to make a difference for the over 300,000 internationals enrolled at German universities. Join us to give your Karriere a good push!
Learn how to unlock your personal and professional development and market your skills to potential employers to maximise your career success.
A degree is necessary to secure a graduate role, but employers are looking for much more.
The key is showing a potential employer what you can offer BEYOND your credentials.
This is not a standard business course on writing job applications and practicing interview techniques.
We’ve thought deeply about what actually matters to employers and how you can develop the skills and qualities they value.
This course will show you how to take your experiences, extract what you’ve learned from them and present them in a way that would be attractive to an employer.
We’ll help you develop your employability, which is the set of achievements, skills, and personal attributes that make you attractive to an employer, so that you can successfully navigate the recruitment process and be effective in your job.
You’ll hear from:
- Employers discussing what they value when hiring new graduates
- Current students who have maximized their university experience
- Graduates who have transitioned successfully into the workplace
We’ll also share our knowledge and the perspectives of other experts in this area.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand what employability is and why it is important.
- Recognise opportunities for employability development.
- Apply self-reflective methods to interpret your experiences and connect them to your employability.
- Develop your communication skills to convey your potential to employers in the recruitment context.
- Convey your unique qualities and skills to potential employers in various employment contexts.
- Define professionalism and understand how to conduct yourself appropriately in the work environment.
- Prepare for the transition from university to your first job.
- Determine how to develop your employability throughout your career and understand the benefits of lifelong learning.
- Recognise the value of working globally.