Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement MicroMasters
What you will learn:
- To envision new possibilities for the work of students and teachers in classrooms.
- To understand alternative logics and strategies for organizing the practice of educational innovation.
- To examine the application of the emerging field of improvement science to the practice of educational innovation.
- To explore innovation and improvement in large-scale educational reform initiatives in the US and around the world.
- To improve your own practice as an educator, innovator, and/or reformer.
- To develop and manage teams that use disciplined, evidence-based methods of educational innovation and improvement.
- To employ disciplined, evidence-based methods of educational innovation and improvement to manage collaborations among schools, districts, and systems.
Learn why ambitious teaching and learning may be the key to global educational improvement and how to put it into practice. Want to explore ambitious teaching and how collaboration between students and teachers can lead to deeper learning and the development of 21st-century skills? This course is developed in [...]
Apply your knowledge and demonstrate mastery, personal growth, and competency along dimensions central to leading educational innovation and improvement. This capstone course will feature knowledge, disposition, and performance assessments that examine growth along dimensions critical to the effective leadership of educational innovation and [...]
Learn how to apply principles and practices of improvement science to improve educational practice, raise student performance, and reduce achievement gaps. With roots in industry and in health care, improvement science is a disciplined approach to educational innovation that supports teachers, leaders, and researchers in collaborating to solve specific [...]
Learn about leading approaches to continuous educational improvement through case studies of educational innovation. With principles of improvement science as a foundation, new knowledge about the continuous improvement of educational innovations is rapidly emerging among communities of educational professionals and researchers, as they work together in new ways to [...]
Learn leading strategies for educational innovation to improve practice, raise student performance, and reduce achievement gaps. Pursuing goals for ambitious teaching and learning requires that students, teachers, and educational leaders learn to work together in new ways. This course engages learners in exploring four leading logics of educational innovation: [...]