Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
On this course, you’ll learn how the pandemic is challenging food supply chains and explore the steps taken by the industry to ensure food security and integrity.
You’ll discover the complexity of the agri-food supply chains and understand its codependency with other sectors such as transportation and packaging.
You’ll also hear from companies making a difference with innovative digital food services and solutions.
What topics will you cover?
- Which stakeholders composed the food supply chains and which sectors are interlinked
- What are the risks, vulnerabilities and threats to the food systems in crisis situations
- How do food supply chain stakeholders cope with crisis situations
- What role can the consumer play in order to minimize disruption
- What measures does the industry, national governments and the EU put in place to ensure food reaches our plates
- How can innovation and digitalisation in our food supply chains drive resilience
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify the stakeholders and reflect on the complexity of the food supply chains
- Evaluate the consequences of a crisis on the integrity of the food supply chains
- Reflect on your own personal contribution to the problem and explore how you could contribute to the solution.
- Investigate how changes in the way we shop, cook and store food can help reduce food waste.
- Explore the innovations that are helping stakeholders of the agri-food supply chains cope with increased demand
- Engage with the policies of national governments and the EU and minimise the food supply chains disruptions
- Explore the control measures in place to ensure the integrity of our food supply chains
- Reflect on the challenges of bringing food to your plates during a crisis situation