Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see edX's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
A newer version of this course is available here:
Introduction to Marketing
This business and management course will help you understand the role of marketing and introduce you to the latest tools to help create value and competitive advantage for an enterprise. In an exciting age where innovation and new business models are required to stay ahead of competitors, we explore how new players in a market can achieve impact through marketing, providing you with unique insight to even apply within your own business venture.
Learn how to build a compelling value proposition, establish presence in a market, and compete effectively against rivals. Learn how marketers use segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, design, pricing, channels and integrated marketing communications to win against competitors, attract customers and build brand loyalty.
No previous knowledge of marketing is needed. All you need is an open-mind and the ability to think creatively.
What you'll learn:
- How marketing creates value
- How marketing can influence perceptions, purchasing and loyalty
- How segmentation, targeting and positioning can lead to more effective and profitable marketing
- How successful brands are developed and sustained
- How design, pricing, distribution, communication, people, process and physical evidence can be used to build compelling and profitable marketing strategies
- How to develop digital marketing strategies, particularly through gamification