In this course, you will learn how to develop your Communication Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies. After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Recognise the importance of communication in communities of practice at university
2. Understand contexts of communication at university and associated expectations
3. Communicate clearly across a variety of different contexts and to a wide range of audiences by adapting communicative styles appropriately
4. Demonstrate, negotiate, and further understanding through spoken, written, visual, and conversational modes
5. Effectively formulate arguments and communicate research findings through the process of researching, composing, and editing
6. Confidently engage in constructive and critical dialogue with respect and professionalism
Who is this class for: This course is a high-level academic skills course designed to increase your level of academic preparedness prior to commencement of your studies in an English-medium university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture.
Course 4 of 5 in the Academic Skills for University Success Specialization.