New advancements and achievements in the field of HIV research occur every year. Join us for a practical course on the clinical management of HIV: the latest findings, guidelines and how to manage, treat and prevent HIV-related diseases.
The course will provide clinicians with an in-depth understanding of the scope and manifestations of HIV-related diseases, their prevention, management, and care. Special emphasis will be placed on co-infections and co-morbidities as well as the latest research findings and guidelines related to HIV treatment. The course will be comprised of 6 modules, with various sub-topics under each module.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- differentiate the clinical manifestations of HIV-related diseases
- propose relevant diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment strategies for HIV infection and related diseases according to EACS and WHO guidelines
- recognise benefits and adverse effects of various HIV drug therapies
- assess strategies for prevention and treatment of opioid drug use
- assess strategies for prevention of the transmission of HIV and related infections
- understand public health approaches in delivering HIV/AIDS treatment and strategic use of ARVs for treating and preventing HIV infection
O curso aborda a morfologia do vírus da imunodeficiência humana (HIV), sua multiplicação e a presença de marcadores sorológicos circulantes. Descreve os princípios metodológicos de métodos para o diagnóstico da infecção e explica os procedimentos para a coleta de material, realização dos testes, leitura e interpretação dos resultados. Apresenta as normas e os fluxogramas indicados pelo Ministério da Saúde para o diagnóstico da infecção.
En este curso el Dr. Ignacio López-Goñi explicará qué es un virus, cómo se trasmiten, hablará de cuál es el origen del virus del SIDA y de cómo se originan los nuevos virus de la gripe. Os enseñará cómo se puede trabajar con ellos y cómo podemos controlarlos. Todo ello con los últimos avances científicos en virología.
Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Influenza, Measles - we’re in a constant battle against infectious diseases. This is a course about the dynamics of such diseases - how they emerge, how they spread around the globe, and how they can best be controlled.
The basic biology of the virus, HIV, and the disease it causes, AIDS. The economic, social and political factors that determine who gets sick and who remains healthy, who lives and who dies. The progress of scientific research and medical treatments. The reasons for hope; the reasons for fear.