You’ll start by acquiring the tools to characterize an investor’s risk and return trade-off. You will next analyze how a portfolio choice problem can be structured and learn how to solve for and implement the optimal portfolio solution. Finally, you will learn about the main pricing models for equilibrium asset prices.
• Develop risk and return measures for portfolio of assets
• Understand the main insights from modern portfolio theory based on diversification
• Describe and identify efficient portfolios that manage risk effectively
• Solve for portfolio with the best risk-return trade-offs
• Understand how risk preference drive optimal asset allocation decisions
• Describe and use equilibrium asset pricing models.
Who is this class for: While each course in this Specialization can be viewed as self-contained, starting with fundamentals, some background in business and finance and familiarity with basic statistical concepts is recommended. It is most appropriate for working professionals interested in asset management in their careers, or for individuals either preparing for advanced degrees in finance and economics, or looking to acquire the knowledge and tools in order to establish a portfolio that fits their needs and goals and improve their personal investment performance.
Course 2 of 5 in the Investment and Portfolio Management Specialization.