This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the process of data analysis and how it can be managed. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We've left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward.
After completing this course you will know how to….
1. Describe the basic data analysis iteration
2. Identify different types of questions and translate them to specific datasets
3. Describe different types of data pulls
4. Explore datasets to determine if data are appropriate for a given question
5. Direct model building efforts in common data analyses
6. Interpret the results from common data analyses
7. Integrate statistical findings to form coherent data analysis presentations
Managing Data Analysis is course 3 of 5 in the Executive Data Science Specialisation.
Assemble the right team, ask the right questions, and avoid the mistakes that derail data science projects. In four intensive courses, you will learn what you need to know to begin assembling and leading a data science enterprise, even if you have never worked in data science before. You’ll get a crash course in data science so that you’ll be conversant in the field and understand your role as a leader. You’ll also learn how to recruit, assemble, evaluate, and develop a team with complementary skill sets and roles. You’ll learn the structure of the data science pipeline, the goals of each stage, and how to keep your team on target throughout. Finally, you’ll learn some down-to-earth practical skills that will help you overcome the common challenges that frequently derail data science projects.