By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Perform a project assessment using information from previous projects and lessons learned
- Identify key deliverables based on business requirements while managing customer expectations
- Perform a stakeholder analysis and create a management plan
- Analyze and develop a project organization
- Create a project charter
- Explain the business case for a project and calculate Net Present Value
- Inform stakeholders of the charter and ensure all parties know the deliverables and expectations
As part of the course, you will prepare organization charts, create a Stakeholder Register, and write a Project Charter based on an engineering project in a provided Case Study. The Stakeholder Register will outline the key parties to the project, their concerns and how you will manage their expectations. Your Project Charter will provide the key guidance your team needs to understand the scope, requirements and purpose for the project.
All of this will position you for initiating and planning your first project and/or understanding how you can maximize your contributions on your next project team.
Course 1 of 3 in the Engineering Project Management Specialization
During this module you will meet the instructors, review course outline, and discuss grading and the course requirements. In addition, we will review a pre-selected case that will be used throughout the Specialization and discuss grading.
Project Management Overview
What is a project, project management, project manager, and where do you start?
You have become the manager of a project, now you have to organize your team.
Project Communications and Stakeholder Management
Who do you need to consider while organizing your project and how will they communicate?
Project Integration Management
Case Study and Deliverables
You will review the case study, apply lessons learned about project management and submit a project plan. After you submit the plan, you will peer review the plans of three classmates.