This course is for those new to data science.
Data science is a team sport. As a data science executive it is your job to recruit, organize, and manage the team to success. In this one-week course, we will cover how you can find the right people to fill out your data science team, how to organize them to give them the best chance to feel empowered and successful, and how to manage your team as it grows.
This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the process of building and managing a data science team. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We've left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward.
After completing this course you will know.
1. The different roles in the data science team including data scientist and data engineer
2. How the data science team relates to other teams in an organization
3. What are the expected qualifications of different data science team members
4. Relevant questions for interviewing data scientists
5. How to manage the onboarding process for the team
6. How to guide data science teams to success
7. How to encourage and empower data science teams
Building a Data Science Team is course 2 of 5 in the Executive Data Science Specialisation.
Assemble the right team, ask the right questions, and avoid the mistakes that derail data science projects. In four intensive courses, you will learn what you need to know to begin assembling and leading a data science enterprise, even if you have never worked in data science before. You’ll get a crash course in data science so that you’ll be conversant in the field and understand your role as a leader. You’ll also learn how to recruit, assemble, evaluate, and develop a team with complementary skill sets and roles. You’ll learn the structure of the data science pipeline, the goals of each stage, and how to keep your team on target throughout. Finally, you’ll learn some down-to-earth practical skills that will help you overcome the common challenges that frequently derail data science projects.