This MOOC will help you:
- Clarify the economic importance of and key influences on developing, retaining and supporting a world-class teaching workforce
- Build a local team to support world-class teaching in your community
- Develop plans unique to your community
- Know where to apply for funds to implement your plan
The WCT MOOC-Ed is divided into two parts, each consisting of three one-week sessions, for a total of six weeks. The two parts cover:
- Part I Who Are They? Characteristics and Economic Value of World-Class Teachers: Part I focuses on the importance of building a world-class teaching workforce for our state’s future competitiveness and strategies to recruiting, training, and supporting world-class teachers in every classroom in North Carolina.
- Part II: How Do We Get There? Building a World-Class Teaching Workforce: Part II focuses on creating community action plans to develop and support a world-class teaching workforce in North Carolina. The most promising action plans will receive monetary and other forms of implementation support.
More info: https://iei.mooc-ed.org/wct1/preview