Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
On this course, specially designed for teachers, you will learn how to use images, including images of the self (‘selfies’), to create extended writing, creative narrative, poetry and pupil made films and animations.
You will explore a range of lesson activity ideas, get access to resources that you can use straightaway in your lessons, and get advice and insights from film education experts at Into Film.
What topics will you cover?
- How to analyse still and moving images using key frameworks
- How to use still and moving images as a catalyst for extended writing
- How to use basic filmmaking and animation as a tool for attainment
- Exploring the history of imagery
- Creating poetry through imagery
- Making a short film using still images
- Animating and annotating an image-of-the-self (selfie)
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Apply your knowledge of visual storytelling to aid students’ analytical and literacy skills
- Apply your knowledge of frame composition, such as camera shots, angles and movement, to inspire your students to create extended writing
- Produce a range of curricular focused short films and animations with your class
- Design in-class filmmaking projects to improve literacy attainment