Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see Coursera's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
Learners will also discover and apply good practices in organising information, using visual aids and body language for presentations while demonstrating a heightened sense of cultural sensitivity in a given context. In all, learners will acquire skills to demonstrate persuasive verbal and intercultural communication in workplace contexts which may include dialogues and presentations to critical stakeholders and effective task delegation to team members.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Analyse factors of motivation among workplace counterparts.
- Recognise the impact of culture on factors of motivation.
- Critique and craft persuasive verbal communication products (i.e. script of dialogue) for exchanges with work teams and critical stakeholders.
- Apply principles of effective PowerPoint slide design with consideration for cultural sensitivity.
- Identify and adopt strategies on the use of voice and body language for engaging presentations.
Course 4 of 5 in the Effective Communication in the Globalised Workplace Specialization
Communicating Influence in the Workplace
This module identifies the causes of motivation, the impact of culture on factors of motivation and the structure of persuasive communication carried out with workplace counterparts.
Make Effective Presentations
This module will apply the principles of effective presentation using visual aids, voice and body language, with consideration for cultural sensitivity.
Engaging External Stakeholders and Counterparts
In this module, learners will acquire negotiation skills in a workplace contexts which may include dialogues and presentations to critical stakeholders and effective task delegation to team members