Why should you take this course?
- It’s quick - The course will take only 2-3 hours total to complete!
- It’s actionable – Each session includes concrete calls to action to implement at your organization
- It’s a networking opportunity
By signing up you’ll join a community of like-minded professionals
No previous experience required.
This course distills valuable lessons from leaders in inclusion, human resources professionals, and people with disabilities into four quick and engaging sessions.
What you'll learn:
- How to identify potential barriers to employment
- How to comfortably recruit, interview, and onboard candidates with disabilities
- How to improve workplace accessibility and culture to support candidates with different abilities
Session 1: Building a Diverse Recruiting Pipeline
This session covers the barriers to employment job seekers with disabilities face throughout the job search process, focusing on the recruitment stage. Mini documentary-style videos will showcase individuals with disabilities leading fulfilling careers and highlight the breadth of jobs that people with disabilities can perform.
Session 2: Acing the Interview
This session covers the pivotal moment of the interview and disclosure from the perspectives of the interviewer and the interviewee in order to better prepare the hiring manager and address the potential for biased judgments.
Session 3: Adapting the Workplace
This session will provide information about creating an accessible and inclusive work environment for individuals with disabilities from the physical office layout to adaptive technology.
Session 4: Preparing for Day One
This session will prepare the manager for what to expect on the first day for a new employee with a disability and for the ongoing role of the manager in supervising an employee with a disability. Participants will learn how to create a workplace culture that supports diversity.