This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries.
The goal of the Digital Literacy 2 course is to provide practicing and pre-service educators, as well as others, with the tools and knowledge necessary to enhance and enrich the educational experiences of students through digital technologies.
Learners will explore:
- Digital citizenship and Internet safety
- Copyright law and 'Fair Use' clause
- The use of Creative Commons license
- The use of Web 2.0 tools
- Ways to apply Google Applications for EDU
- Using mobile technologies for teaching and learning
- Techniques for developing non-linear presentations
- Methods for using Quick Response (QR) codes in teaching and learning
- The use of digital cameras
- Developing blogs and websites
- Producing podcasts
Digital Literacies 2 is part one of a two-part series.