You will also gain conceptual background about maturity models, architectures, multidimensional models, and management practices, providing an organizational perspective about data warehouse development. If you are currently a business or information technology professional and want to become a data warehouse designer or administrator, this course will give you the knowledge and skills to do that. By the end of the course, you will have the design experience, software background, and organizational context that prepares you to succeed with data warehouse development projects.
In this course, you will create data warehouse designs and data integration workflows that satisfy the business intelligence needs of organizations. When you’re done with this course, you’ll be able to:
* Evaluate an organization for data warehouse maturity and business architecture alignment;
* Create a data warehouse design and reflect on alternative design methodologies and design goals;
* Create data integration workflows using prominent open source software;
* Reflect on the role of change data, refresh constraints, refresh frequency trade-offs, and data quality goals in data integration process design; and
* Perform operations on pivot tables to satisfy typical business analysis requests using prominent open source software
Data Warehouse Concepts, Design, and Data Integration is course 2 of 5 in the Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence Specialisation.
Evaluate business needs; design a data warehouse; and integrate, and visualize data using dashboards and visual analytics. This Specialization covers data architecture skills that are increasingly critical across a broad range of technology fields. You’ll learn the basics of structured data modeling, gain practical SQL coding experience, and develop an in-depth understanding of data warehouse design and data manipulation. You’ll have the opportunity to work with large data sets in a data warehouse environment to create dashboards and Visual Analytics. You will use of MicroStrategy, a leading BI tool, OLAP (online analytical processing) and Visual Insights capabilities to create dashboards and Visual Analytics. In the final Capstone Project, you’ll apply your skills to build a small, basic data warehouse, populate it with data, and create dashboards and other visualizations to analyze and communicate the data to a broad audience.