Presented by Berklee Institute for Creativity & Entrepreneurship founder Panos Panay, this course features interviews with world renown entrepreneurs, innovators, songwriters, producers, creative directors, educators, performers, visual artists and chefs as they discuss parallels between the creative and entrepreneurial journeys.
The course approaches entrepreneurship as a creative process, a fundamental human instinct that we all possess and can unlock. Creativity & Entrepreneurship applies concepts from the creative and musical creation process, such as observing, prototyping, iterating and embracing failure, as a means of guiding you through the concept of thinking like a startup. You will develop the basic mindset, knowledge, and insights required to pursue an entrepreneurial career, whether as the steward of your own career or as the founder of a new business in any field.
Creativity & Entrepreneurship is about the side of entrepreneurship you won’t learn at a business school but, instead, in the music studio.
What you'll learn:
- How to approach your career or startup as if learning a musical instrument
- Why entrepreneurship, like creativity, is something we all possess
- How to apply “the musician mindset” as means to collaboration and creative problem solving
- Why songwriting is a perfect parallel to career and product development
- Why there’s more to entrepreneurship than business plans and spreadsheets much like there’s more to music than scales and lead sheets.
Lesson 1: INSPIRATION: The Entrepreneurial Mindset
What is Entrepreneurship after all?
Why musicians are natural entrepreneurs
5 Skills of Successful Innovators
Seeing What Others Don’t/Learn to Observe
Lesson 2: CREATION: Team Building and Product Development
Connecting with your Intentions
Process of Reduction
Falling in love with a Problem
Lesson 3: COLLABORATION/PRESENTATION
Understanding your Customer
Building a Team
Developing your Brand
Lesson 4: REJUVINATION: The Inner Game of Entrepreneurship
Coping with Failure
The Art of Relationship Building/Developing a Network
Learn to Replenish
Panos’ This much I know is True