Explore the fundamental computing technology inside smartphones and the advanced techniques that make them run so fast. We use our smartphones to communicate, to organize our lives, to find information, and to entertain ourselves. All this is possible because a smartphone contains a powerful computer processor, which is the subject of this course.
The course starts by moving step by step through the fundamental layers of computing technology, from binary numbers to application software, and then covers advanced performance techniques and the details of actual smartphone processors.
- Digital logic
- Computer organization
- Instruction sets
- Application Software
- Advanced performance techniques
- Actual smartphone processors
What you'll learn:
- Describe how a smartphone processor works
- Explain computer system design from binary information to programming
- Design a small working computer
- Describe common techniques used to make computers fast