Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see edX's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
Whatever mobile phones, connected objects, game consoles, automobile dashboards, and devices that haven’t even been considered yet, HTML5 helps write once and deploy anywhere!
In this course, you will learn all the HTML5 features to help create great Web sites and applications in a simplified but powerful way. HTML5 provides native support for video and audio without plug-ins, provides support for offline applications, for games with smooth interactive animations, and much more.
In this course, you will:
- Learn the simplified HTML5 tags
- Play with the audio and video tags
- Draw and animate fun Web graphics
- Discover the HTML5 forms features
- Test the basic APIs, such as Web storage and geolocation
- And most of all, practice coding techniques thanks to multiple interactive examples
Week 1: HTML5 basics
- From HTML1.0 to HTML5
- Structural elements
- Other elements and attributes
Week 2: HTML5 multimedia
- Streaming multimedia content: the video and audio elements
- Subtitles and closed captions
- Webcam, microphone: the getUserMedia API
Week 3: HTML5 graphics
- Basics of HTML5 canvas
- Immediate drawing mode: rectangles, text, images, etc.
- Path drawing mode: lines, circles, arcs, curves and other path drawing methods
- Colors, gradients, patterns, shadows, etc.
Week 4: HTML5 animations
- Basic animation techniques
- Canvas and user interaction
- A glimpse of advanced canvas functionalities
Week 5: HTML5 forms
- Introduction to HTML5 forms
- Accessible forms
- Input types
- Forms attributes
- Elements related to forms
- Form validation API
Week 6: HTML5 basic APIs
- Introduction to HTML5 APIs
- The Web Storage API
- The File API
- The Geolocation API
- HTML: just be comfortable putting together an HTML document
- CSS: minimal familiarity with CSS