From Bugatti Veyron to Volkswagen Beetle, from racing to passenger car: Learn how they behave on a country road and on the autobahn!
In this third part of Vehicle Dynamics, we will illuminate the vertical dynamic aspects of vehicles. In short, we will describe the elements involved when a car drives on a bumpy or rough street.
We will start with a survey of suspensions and springs and dampers. After this, we will explain the description of rough streets and give an introduction to Fourier integrals. Next, we will take a closer look at vertical models. In the last fundamental part of the course, we will describe the conflict between driving safety and comfort. The course will be finished with two applications from automotive mechatronics.
At the end of the course you will …
- know different kinds of suspensions, springs and dampers.
- know the description of rough and bumpy streets
- understand the Fourier integral
- understand the conflict between driving safety and comfort
- be able to calculate simple properties of a car