- Individual needs, opportunities and travel behaviour
- land use and transport
- transport resistance factors: time, money and effort
- transport technology to reduce transport's negative impacts
- accessibility: perspectives, measures and applications
- transport and the environment
- traffic safety
- transport policy
- transportation models and their applications
Growing traffic volumes and emerging vehicle technologies lead to major challenges in land use, impact on urban areas, road safety, traffic flows, pollution and travel behaviour. Transport is without a doubt one of the biggest challenges of our future. With transportation impacting our economy, our social lives and our health and well-being, it is important to safeguard a transport system that is fast, safe, clean and affordable. Failing to do so, will lead to more lost time in traffic, increasing road accident levels, global warming and rising transportation costs.
Are you interested to help shape the future of transportation? Then, please, join our MOOC 'Transport systems and transport policy: an introduction'. Feeling inspired by the MOOC and eager to learn more about transportation? Our MOOC is part of the preparatory programme of the master programme Transportation Sciences.