According to Steven Blank a business startup, or any new venture startup is essentially a proto-type. Thus the startup process essentially becomes a learning process to refine that business proto-type into a scalable, replicable finished 'product'.
Learn through hands-on experience how to identify, evaluate, and test your own venture ideas using principles expert entrepreneurs follow. Are you a student, professional, educator, homemaker or someone who dreams of someday starting your own venture? This hands-on, action oriented business and management course will introduce you to a systematic, scientific and an easy process of testing out your ideas and any opportunities that you foresee.
In this course, you will learn the “DO your Venture” ideology, which will teach you common paths entrepreneurs take when launching their own venture. You will also learn the tools and techniques for generating ideas and then test your ideas in the field and gather feedback.
The course will end with a focus on the Lean Canvas business model and effectuation, which is a set of decision-making principles expert entrepreneurs use in situations of uncertainty.
What you'll learn:
- How to integrate a strong action philosophy in developing entrepreneurial ideas, focusing around the "DO Your Venture" ideology
- Common paths taken by successful entrepreneurs
- Pre-venture idea creation and evaluation
- How to rapidly develop and test ideas by gathering quick customer feedback
- Tools to successfully launch your venture including Lean Canvas