During this course, you will learn proven tools, frameworks and concepts useful for discovery– generating an endless stream of new ideas implementing at least some of those ideas with skill and persistence, based on books and articles written by the instructors.
In the first part of the course, you will learn a proven structured method for generating and implementing world-changing ideas known as ‘Zoom in, Zoom out, Zoom in’ that makes creativity more accessible to everyone. In the following weeks, you will learn practical proven tools useful for delivering ideas by employing the basic principles of business and management. You will practice the method, use it to tackle challenging real-world needs and produce a 2-3 minutes video presenting your idea.
On successfully completing this four-week course, you will be able to:
- Manage a process to generate an unending stream of creative ideas
- Lead a process of innovation and implement ideas through all phases from discovery to delivery.
- Apply creativity to a wide range of strategic management issues.
- Solve problems with a high degree of innovation, creative thinking and risk taking.
- Use and apply proven structured method for generating and implementing world-changing ideas known as ‘Zoom in, Zoom out, Zoom in’.
- Develop and implement an innovation in your own practice.
- Identify new and unfamiliar challenges and reflect on these challenges from a creative point of view, action they require and service they provide.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving skills for defining, structuring and solving real world operations management problems.
Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas is course 1 of 4 in the Startup Entrepreneurship Specialisation
The Startup Entrepreneurship specialization focuses on issues of Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship. It leads the students through the entire process of creating a start-up from an idea. Part One deals with ideas, and the creative imagination: discovering new ideas, new products, new services, new and better ways to do almost anything. Part Two focuses on how to build a business (entrepreneurship). This course guides the learner through a series of tools and methods that help take an idea and make it happen, in a way that can sustain the business or organization that delivers it to humanity. Use this course to build a solid business or organization around the idea you developed during Part One. Part Three offers Innovation Career Lessons from a Master of proven achievements. During this course you will follow conversations and interviews with Dadi Perlmutter, who until recently was Executive VP of Intel Corporate, the highest ranking Israeli executive of any multinational company.