After completing this course, you will be able to:
- describe things and events in the context of Business English
- make requests in the context of Business English
- support arguments in the context of Business English
- use appropriate tone and style according to the context of Business English
- conduct an audience analysis
- match audience with the purpose and medium of communication
- analyse and summarise business data
Business English: Basics is course 1 of 5 in the Business English for Non-Native Speakers Specialization.
This Specialization will introduce non-native speakers of English to methods for developing English language and communication skills for the workplace, doing business, cross-cultural understanding, and business case study analysis. You'll apply these skills in the final Capstone Project by analysing a current business case study and providing recommendations to a target audience in both presentation and written formats.