Comprendre et prévoir le comportement des rivières aménagées est un enjeu essentiel pour protéger les populations et préserver durablement les ressources en eau. Ce cours est illustré par de nombreux cas d'études.
With campuses now under fire for their course content not complying with 504, 508 and WACG2.0 guidelines, it is timely to visit the topic of accessibility in the educational setting. This MOOC introduces the importance of accessibility as an essential communication tool to provide equal, barrier-free access to information for educational institutions.
Participants will be exposed to the legal guidelines and standards which affect most educational institutions. The MOOC will focus on accessibility principles and techniques, contextualized for educational users but will also be useful for anyone interested in applying accessibility tools to their communication.
Topics covered in the MOOC:
- Principles of accessibility, why it is important, and who is affected in educational institutions.
- The effect of accessibility barriers on people's access to information.
- WACG 2.0 guidelines and resources as the international standard for web accessibility
- Creating accessible MSOffice and PDF documents.
- Creating accessible images, diagrams and charts.
- Creating accessible audio and video resources.
- Creating accessible HTML pages.
- Access to the Web is an essential requirement for full participation in the information society
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and use of the correct terminology to define accessibility in an educational setting and understand challenges associated with non-accessible content for persons with disabilities
- Identify the elements of MSOffice and PDF documents necessary for meeting accessibility compliance
- Locate the accessibility tool to correct identified errors and issues in a PDF
- Identify areas to provide alternative text descriptions for images, diagrams and charts, and demonstrate techniques for making images, diagrams and charts accessible.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of POUR to develop accessible web pages and apply techniques to correct common web accessibility problems
- Demonstrate knowledge and process of creating a transcript for an video or audio file and how to insert a transcript or create closed captions to a video for YouTube, or similar video hosting solution.