Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
Over four weeks, we’ll introduce you to key programming concepts. You’ll have the chance to apply your understanding of them through projects, both unplugged and on a computer, using Scratch as the programming language. You’ll discover common mistakes and pitfalls, and develop strategies to fix them.
Week 1: Introduction to Programming
Week 2: Repetition
Week 3: Variables
Week 4: Selection
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Understanding of key programming concepts; algorithms, sequencing, repetition, variables and selection.
- Scratch as a programming language.
- Reflect on your learning and create ideas for your classroom practise.
- Knowledge of programming concepts through projects, both unplugged and digital.
- Cross curricular approach to programming.