Whether you’re considering a global health learning experience such as a clinical rotation, a research project, or volunteer work, or are preparing to work abroad, this is the course for you!
This is the first of three courses designed by a team of global health experts to help you prepare for successful global health learning experiences and projects. It provides guidance for undergraduate and graduate students, medical trainees, and volunteers.
In this course, you will learn how to determine what type of global health learning experience is right for you and how to logistically set one up. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in interactive planning scenarios.
No previous global health or healthcare experience is required.
What you'll learn:
- Identify and prioritize your purpose and motivation for undertaking a global health learning experience.
- Identify and describe different types of global health rotations and projects and determine which ones provide the best fit for you.
- Analyze factors including timing, duration, and location to plan your global health learning experience.
- Identify and make plans to address logistical issues including personal, health, and security concerns.
- Identify and describe funding and budgeting options for your global health learning experience.