Managing an Agile Team (Coursera)
Traditional development processes often lead to team frustration and poor results. Agile offers a different approach to managing the complexity of software development. This course focuses on the day-to-day jobs of running a software development program and how leading agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, kanban) can help you do them better.
From transitioning a team to agile to running sprints to managing stakeholders, this course gives you the skills you need to manage an agile team in your specific operating environment.
We'll show you how to:
- Think through and focus on the most important aspects of your projects and sprints
- Facilitate your team’s initial and ongoing adoption of the specific agile practices that work for you
- Anchor your outcomes and success criteria in durable ideas about what makes for valuable products
- Support your team's transition from traditional approaches to agile
- Create an agile-friendly environment across functional disciplines - Identify and manage outside stakeholder needs
Managing an Agile Team is course 3 of 5 in the Agile Development Specialization.
In this Specialization, you'll gain an understanding and appreciation of the principles and practice of agile management. You'll learn to coordinate all aspects of the agile development process, including running design sprints, managing teams, and fostering a culture of experimentation. In the final Capstone Project, you'll apply what you've learned to guide a real-world software development project to successful completion.
Already taken this course? Please rate.