Course 3: Advanced Writing. This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work.
Course 4: Introduction to Research for Essay Writing. This is the last course in the Academic Writing specialization before the capstone project. By the end of this course, you will be able to complete all the steps in planning a research paper.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- choose appropriate research topics for college classes
- write detailed outlines for research papers
- find source material for research papers
- take and organize good notes for research
- use appropriate academic tone and language
- document sources by creating a Works Cited list in MLA format
- avoid plagiarizing your sources
Introduction to Research for Essay Writing is course 4 of 5 in the Academic English: Writing Specialization.
The skills taught in this Specialization will empower you to succeed in any college-level course or professional field. You’ll learn to conduct rigorous academic research and to express your ideas clearly in an academic format. In the final Capstone Project, all the knowledge that you’ve gained over the span of these courses will culminate into an academic research paper on an issue of your choice.