Note: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
What you'll learn:
- Preprocess data in Apache Spark
- Use Spark to build a machine learning solution
- Explore real-time machine learning solutions in Spark
- Use R at scale with R Server on Spark
- Familiarity with Hadoop clusters in HDInsight.
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax.
- Familiarity with basic programming constructs (for example, variables, loops, conditional logic).
- A basic knowledge of mathematics, including linear equations and functions.
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential.