O curso analisa a concepção, seleção, projetos e implementação das Alianças Público Privadas, identificando os benefícios e riscos que esse tipo de disposições contratuais possuem para os Setores Público e Privado.
The European Union is one of the world’s largest and most important economies. This five week course is the first in a series of three that will provide students with an insight into European Business Law. The series ranges from considering the basic structures and principles of the European Union to focusing on various specialized areas of law. Each course will give the students an understanding of the laws and policies that regulate the internal market of European Union, as well as relevant case law and useful inputs from leading practitioners in the field.
The course is useful to persons both inside and outside the European Union, whether they are students, professionals, or simply interested in the European Union and European Business Law. Prior knowledge of law and the European Union is an advantage, but not a prerequisite. We have added an introduction module in the first course providing students with an overview of the history, institutions and legal method of the European Union.
In the first course, Understanding the Fundamentals, we will examine the core structures and principles of the European Union as well as the main sources of law. In the second course, Doing business in Europe, we will focus on the main laws that regulate various aspects of establishing and running a business within the European Union. In the final course, Competing in Europe, we will go into more depth about how to compete on the internal market and protect your brand, product or invention.
At the end of this course, you will have a basic understanding of how to:
• Navigate EU legal sources
• Find and understand relevant laws and regulations governing the internal European Union market
• Establish and run a company within the European Union
• Set up agreements and resolve cross-border disputes, employ staff and navigate environmental standards and tax regulations
• Protect and defend a company’s products, brands and inventions by obtaining and licensing trademarks and patents
• Create a competitive edge for a company and apply the basic principles of EU competition law