By the end of this course, you will be able to :
• Improve your overall written English skills
• See differences and similarities among the different email formats
• Write more effective subject lines and email text
• Apply various key language to different types of emails
• Correct common errors such as punctuation and capitalization
• Study tone and level of formality in emails
• Understand how culture affects what is appropriate in a business emails
• Write powerful business emails for professional needs
Course 1 of 4 in the Improve Your English Communication Skills Specialization.
Get to Know Basic Email Writing Structures
1) Understand basic professional email structures in English. 2) Identify key things to do and things to avoid. 3) Learn how to do basic editing of punctuation and capitalization.
Graded: Rewrite Kevin's Email
Let's Start Writing
1) Write more effective subject lines. 2) Understand the organization of email text. 3) Write better email text.
Graded: Complete Monica's Email
Introduction and Announcement Emails
1) Analyze and identify the traits of introductions and announcement emails. 2) Learn and use key language for these types of emails to revise your first email.
Graded: Revise Your Introduction Email
Request and Apology Emails
1) Analyze and identify the traits of request and apology emails. 2) Learn specific language associated with making request and apologies. 3) Practice focused key language.
Graded: Complete Martina's Request/Apology Email
1) Review cultural effects on all your email writing. 2) Learn how to distinguish different ways people communicate and how to apply these differences to email writing.
Graded: Test Your Knowledge: Correct These Emails
Graded: Write an Email to Yourself