Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
As you learn to unpack what development management is, you will recognise the complexities and political nature of development. You will also apply a development management tool to a real-world context.
What topics will you cover?
- An explanation of what development management and development are
- A story of development management
- An opportunity to engage with development management and consider mitigating unconscious bias
- The practice of development management and the rights to manage development for others
- The project cycle and a stakeholder analysis tool.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Demonstrate your understanding of the different forms development and its management have taken, in theory and in practice
- Describe the key concepts, theories and methods that reveal development management as a process that is personal, political and professional
- Assess project cycle and stakeholder analysis as a tool used by development managers