Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see Coursera's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
- You will discover how to learn from different media, and acquire practical skills like note-taking and how to reflect on your learning so that you can draw meaningful conclusions.
- You will learn how to communicate online so that you can contribute to online learning discussions.
- You will find out about online collaboration tools and practice the skills you need to be able to manage productive collaborative work online.
- The course also explores best practice for conducting online research, using online research tools and evaluating online information.
By the end of the course, you will have learnt essential study techniques and skills. These will help you to learn effectively online, as part of developing your knowledge, skills, training or continuing professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop effective online learning strategies that work for you, and produce useful and reflective notes.
- Contribute meaningfully to online learning discussions.
- Develop the skills to lead productive collaborative work online.
- Explore research tools and approaches to find and evaluate online information.
Being an effective online learner
In this first week, you will develop the skills you need to learn online successfully. You will explore techniques and strategies for reading, note-taking and reflecting that will help you get the most from learning online. You will consider the importance of reflection and examine how you can do this effectively to consolidate your learning.
Communicating and collaborating online
In the second week, you will explore the benefits of working online and how to get the most from your online communications. You will also look at different ways of working with people online, and develop strategies for meaningful and productive online collaboration.
In this final week, you will develop your online research skills by exploring how to investigate a topic and effectively use search engines. You will also consider what it means to be a critical thinker and how this can help you succeed at work.