Learning Goals: After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Design effective experiments and analyze the results
2. Use resampling methods to make clear and bulletproof statistical arguments without invoking esoteric notation
3. Explain and apply a core set of classification methods of increasing complexity (rules, trees, random forests), and associated optimization methods (gradient descent and variants)
4. Explain and apply a set of unsupervised learning concepts and methods
5. Describe the common idioms of large-scale graph analytics, including structural query, traversals and recursive queries, PageRank, and community detection
Practical Predictive Analytics: Models and Methods is course 2 of 4 in the Data Science at Scale Specialisation.
This Specialization covers intermediate topics in data science. You will gain hands-on experience with scalable SQL and NoSQL data management solutions, data mining algorithms, and practical statistical and machine learning concepts. You will also learn to visualize data and communicate results, and you’ll explore legal and ethical issues that arise in working with big data. In the final Capstone Project, developed in partnership with the digital internship platform Coursolve, you’ll apply your new skills to a real-world data science project.