WHAT WILL YOU LEARN? In these four lessons of the class, I will cover the basics of a 2-point perspective, the most important for interior designers and architects since it gives one of the best and the most dynamic views over the interior. Step by step, I'll take you through the basic perspective concepts like the horizon line, eye level, vanishing points, picture plane, and I will show you exactly how to use them in your interior drawings.
HOW YOUR PROFESSIONAL LIFE CAN CHANGE AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS? After mastering this new skill, perspective interior sketching, lots of my students took their interior design practice to the next level, where they can freely sketch their ideas in front of their clients. Some of my students became interior sketch artists and now earn money by drawing commissions for interior designers, design magazines, architectural firms.
So, to the fun part: our beautiful class project.
At the end of this class, you will draw an interior in 2-point perspective, let's call our class project "My Dream Bedroom" to make things even more inspiring.
Here are the steps:
1. First, please write in the comments a couple of words about yourself, let us know where are you from and why you decided to master perspective
2. Go through the lessons of this class
3. Pick a reference photo of a bedroom interior that you really like (tip: you can find it on Pinterest or simply on Google)
4. Draw your dream bedroom or simply use the same Scandinavian bedroom interior I sketch in the lessons of the class
5. Post your final 2-point perspective interior sketch from this class to the project gallery (tip: better to upload your work in progress, like pencil drawing and coloured version so all your classmates will be able to see your progress)
NB: Remember to share your progress as you work on the project. You don’t need to wait till it’s perfectly polished to share in the project gallery!
For your class project, you will need
- a pencil
- an eraser
- a ruler
- a sheet of paper (A4 is preferable, it is a regular office size paper) or a sketchbook
- a couple of markers or it can be watercolour or coloured pencils so your drawing for the class project will be in colour. Notice that I use markers to demonstrate the process of colouring in this class.
I understand that not everybody has markers at hand so simply use what you already have: a pencil and paper, maybe a couple of coloured pencils or watercolour.
Get inspired on Pinterest, find your dream bedroom interior, pictures that really resonate with you.
The most important thing:
The most important thing to do now is to commit to this perspective class and to find 5-10 minutes each day to dedicate some time to mastering a 2-point perspective and improving your drawing skills.