CTB3300WCx: Introduction to Water and Climate (edX)
Explore how climate change, water availability, and engineering innovation are key challenges for our planet. Water is essential for life on earth and of crucial importance for society. Cycling across the planet and the atmosphere, it also has a major influence on our climate.
Weekly modules are hosted by four different professors, all of them being international experts in their field. The course consists of knowledge clips, movies, exercises, discussion and homework assignments. It finishes with an examination.
What you'll learn:
- The different processes of the global water cycle
- The challenges in better understanding and adapting to the impact of climate change on water for the coming 50 years
- The flows of water and sand in different riverine, coastal and ocean systems
- How to identify mechanisms of climate change and explain the interplay of climate change, sea level, clouds, rainfall and future weather
- Why, when and which engineering interventions are needed in rivers, coasts and urban environments
- Why water for food and water for cities are the main challenges in water management and what the possibilities and limitations of reservoirs and groundwater are to improve water availability
Already taken this course? Please rate.