Different countries have implemented different testing strategies, and from the range of diagnostic tests available, some have received authorization for use by national regulatory agencies.
There’s a need for independent evaluation of these tests and guidance on implementing safe and reliable testing.
On this course, you’ll discover the latest recommendations on COVID-19 testing and get up-to-date information on the performance of tests and how best to deploy them.
What topics will you cover?
- The current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and the role of diagnostics in the response
- The different types of diagnostic tests and their use in the COVID-19 outbreak
- The current recommendations on use of COVID-19 diagnostics and testing strategies
- How countries are establishing and scaling up COVID-19 testing, and key considerations for safety, quality and impact of diagnostic services
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify different types of diagnostics for COVID-19 testing, explore their current use in the COVID-19 response to better understand how they can be implemented in your country
- Engage with your peers and learn how countries are scaling up testing capacity while exploring key considerations to inform your country planning and implementation
- Identify key technical and operational considerations for testing and how to apply them to your setting to ensure safe and quality-assured testing services
- Develop an understanding of global recommendations on use of COVID-19 diagnostics and testing strategies