For each step in that process, you will listen to lectures, take comprehension quizzes, and learn how to use English appropriately to each part of your site. You will also complete self and peer assessments and gain the needed skills to make your ePortfolio a reality and establish yourself online.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• Write a proper headline or title for your ePortfolio
• Describe your work in 1 sentence and in longer forms
• Identify how to use hashtags effectively
• Write an effective summary about yourself and your work
• Apply appropriate vocabulary to write your education and professional experience for your resume
• Understand how to write a tweet to get a job
• Discover how to write specific comments and network work with others
• Apply what you have on your portfolio to other tools like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube.
Course 3 of 4 in the Improve Your English Communication Skills Specialization.
Start Building Your Brand
This module focuses on getting your ePortfolio branding ready by creating an effective headline and summary of your capabilities.
Showcase Your Work
This module focuses on writing about your work and accomplishments. You will learn to write about your work in a one sentence caption as well as in a longer descriptive paragraph.
Complete the Main Parts of Your Resume
This module focuses on getting your education and work experience up-to-date and professionally ready on your resume.
Network with Other Professionals
This module focuses on networking online with other professionals to make meaningful connections and to create new career opportunities.