This course will provide you with research-based study tips — to help you in this course and in the future. You will learn the methods a psychologist uses in their research. From experimental design to coverage of some basic statistics — by the end of this course you will have a comprehensive appreciation for the methods of psychology.
This course includes video-based lectures and demonstrations, interviews with real research psychologists and a plethora of practice questions to help prepare you for the AP® Psychology exam.
This is the first in our six-course AP® Psychology sequence designed to prepare you for the AP® Psychology exam.
What you'll learn:
- What psychology is and is not
- The history of the field of psychology and the state of contemporary psychology
- Research-based study skills
- The research methods of psychology, including descriptive methods, correlational methods and experimental methods
- The basics of descriptive and inferential statistics