The course is designed for engineers or project leaders working for a company developing or willing to develop smart city projects involving citizen participation. It also addresses the challenges of professionals of a city government or a public institution who implement a smart city project which involves the deployment of digital technologies in the urban environment.
The course allows you to:
- understand what is a smart city and the digital technologies supporting it
- identify the required skills to design, develop and deploy innovative services toward smarter cities
- picture new digital services for the urban environment while capturing the technologies they rely on
- apprehend the costs and impediments (both technological and societal) that may occur to deploy a new digital service in the city
- investigate public participation in the development of smart cities and the technological and societal challenges that emerge from it.
Module 1 : Introduction: a perspective on smarter cities
Module 2 : Network infrastructures for participatory urban systems
Module 3 : Software infrastructures for participatory urban systems
Module 4 : Cloud-based urban data management
Module 5 : Privacy-preserving urban systems