Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see Coursera's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources.
Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Examine the importance of data visualization.
- Learn how to form a compelling narrative through data stories.
- Gain an understanding of how to use Tableau to create dashboards and dashboard filters.
- Discover how to use Tableau to create effective visualizations.
- Explore the principles and practices involved with effective presentations.
- Learn how to consider potential limitations associated with the data in your presentations.
- Understand how to apply best practices to a Q&A with your audience.
What You Will Learn
- Describe the use of data visualizations to talk about data and the results of data analysis
- Identify Tableau as a data visualization tool and understand its uses
- Explain what data driven stories are including reference to their importance and their attributes
- Explain principles and practices associated with effective presentations
Course 6 of 8 in the Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
Data visualization is the graphical representation of data. In this part of the course, you’ll be introduced to key concepts, including accessibility, design thinking, and other factors that play a role in visualizing the data in your analysis.
Creating data visualizations with Tableau
Tableau is a tool that helps data analysts create effective data visualizations. In this part of the course, you’ll learn all about Tableau and explore the importance of creativity and clarity while visualizing your data analysis findings.
Crafting data stories
Connecting your objective with your data through insights is essential to good data storytelling. In this part of the course, you’ll learn about data-driven stories and their attributes. You’ll also gain an understanding of how to use Tableau to create dashboards and dashboard filters.
Developing presentations and slideshows
In this part of the course, you’ll discover how to give an effective presentation about your data analysis. You’ll consider all aspects of your analysis when creating the presentation, as well as how to use multiple data sources in the data visualizations you share. In addition, you’ll learn how to anticipate and respond to potential limitations and questions that may arise.