Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
You will will consider the perceived barriers that mature learners face and potential solutions to those barriers. You will learn about the skills you need to develop as a mature student, the support systems you can gain access to, and the guidance that is available to you in making an application to a course of interest.
Week 1: Are you mature?
Week 2: So, education might be for me... what next?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Engage with other mature learners
- Develop a timeline of the history of mature learners
- Evaluate their own barriers to returning to education including, those related to a sense of belonging to an education setting
- Design an action plan to prepare for the skills and support networks learners will need in advance of, and during, their course
- Apply the skills learned to begin making a UCAS application