Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see edX's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
Designed for leaders responsible for making technology-related business decisions, this course provides an overview of business architecture and applications, considering internal business aspects such as value streams and business goals, as well as external factors including markets, customers, and competitors.
Through real-world case studies and application exercises, uncover best practices for business application development, building a technology architecture and implementing new technologies. Discussions will focus on cutting-edge technologies such as big data, cloud computing, Quantum, Edge computing, IOT and 5G, AI and machine learning, and how they can be strategically implemented within specific enterprise environments.
This is the first of three courses that make up the edX Professional Certificate AI and Cloud Computing: Implementation Strategies for Business.
What you'll learn:
- Gain an understanding of enterprise analysis frameworks, such as vision, roadmap, and SWAT analysis;
- Develop a short high-level business architecture summary for your organization;
- Learn Open Group’s enterprise architecture standards and terminology around(technology, data, application);
- Explain your organization’s enterprise architecture in the context of the standards;
- Uncover best practices for application development, building a technology architecture and successful technology implementation and integration;
- Appraise emerging technologies and start to think how they are going to impact your organization.
Week 1, Module 1 Business Architecture:
An overview of the business enterprise environment, business architecture development, and the Open Group Business Architecture framework (TOGAF);
Week 2, Module 2 Business Intelligence:
An overview of data, business intelligence (BI) and analytics, covering data collection, analysis, categorization, storing, and presentation for data-based business decision making.
Week 3, Module 3 Business Applications:
An overview of business application architecture, including best practices of application development for new/growing business capabilities.
Week 4, Module 4 Infrastructure (IT)
An examination of the infrastructure technology layer that sits underneath the application layer, including how to build a technology architecture that is advanced, reliable yet agile, and responsive to business needs to better serve customers.
Week 5, Module 5 Technology Implementation:
Many enterprises experience challenges when implementing new technologies. We will discuss best practices for successful technology implementation and integration.
Week 6, Module 6 : Emerging Digital Technology
An overview of emerging technologies within the context of enterprise architecture, focusing on scale and connectivity, and how these technologies will impact organizations.