You will explore the best ways to help your students be productive and write long-form answers to questions. This course is useful CPD for teachers who are looking to improve their skills and put them to practice at school.
What topics will you cover?
- Different areas of impact: ethical, legal, cultural and environmental
- Setting up a good learning environment for discussion
- Planning discussion topics and formats
- Ways to encourage critical thinking about a topic
- Teaching students to draw conclusions
- Assisting with the transition from discussions to pieces of writing
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explain the links between technologies and related impacts, across the different areas specified by exam boards
- Debate topics covering the entire Computer Science curriculum
- Develop plans for classroom discussions in a range of formats
- Engage your students with well-framed, relevant questions
- Summarise the main laws that affect the use of technology
- Demonstrate how to plan a written answer to a discursive Computer Science exam question
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers delivering GCSE computer science, or at an equivalent level.