You’ll also hear from employers and admissions tutors to find out what they really look for in a candidate. And once you’ve written that perfect application, prepare for the next stage with our course: How to Succeed at: Interviews.
Week 1: Preparing to apply
Week 2: CVs and covering letters
Week 3: Application forms and personal statements
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course
- Apply best practice techniques when applying for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses, from preparing to apply, to writing CVs and completing application forms
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by analysing job adverts and researching employers and institutions, to find out how to adapt your offer to suit their requirements
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths and skills to tackle applying for your dream job or course with confidence
- Improve the way you promote yourself effectively through positive writing and a strong personal brand, creating an identity that looks impressive to a recruiter, whether that's an employer or admissions tutor