Analyze globalization using evidence-based methods to address current issues that affect us personally and economically amidst worldwide market-led forces.
This globalization course focuses on the ways market-led macro-economic reforms associated with globalization (such as free trade agreements and privatization initiatives) have come together with much more micro innovations in how personal behavior is organized by market forces (rethinking education as a personal investment practice, for example, or outsourcing dating to for-profit companies).
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main debates and controversies surrounding globalization
- Analyze the ties and tensions of uneven global development
- Understand the growing impact of global market integration
- Synthesize knowledge of market globalization with your own experiences of market forces and market reforms
- Evaluate the way in which market forces define and delimit personal choices and everyday life globally
- Develop capacity to respond and reflect personally amidst the ties and tensions of market-led globalization.
This course is adapted from a similar class offered by the Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Social Sciences, a fully online degree completion program from the University of Washington.
In this course, participants will learn about how different markets around the world can interact to create value for, and effectively manage the risk of, corporations and their stakeholders. This is part of a Specialization in corporate finance created in partnership between the University of Melbourne and Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon).
Vivimos en un mundo cada vez mas globalizado, en el cual el éxito en los negocios internacionales se ha convertido en el factor determinante del desarrollo económico y la prosperidad. Esta materia, Entorno Global de Negocios, Parte II, sigue a la primera materia (Entorno Global de Negocios, Parte I) e introduce al alumno a una comprensión fundamental de como administrar una organización o empresa internacional.